Pain and Pain Management
Pain is more than just a feeling of discomfort. It can affect the way you feel overall. It may also lead to mental health conditions like depression and anxiety. The amount of pain you experience can tell your doctor and your pharmacy care team a lot about your overall health.
Pain-relief methods range from at-home treatments and prescriptions to over-the-counter (OTC) medications and invasive procedures like surgery. Pain relief doesn’t usually happen overnight, but it can. Each person’s pain experience is unique to them. Our pharmacists will individualize recommendations to each unique patient.
Signs you may need to see a doctor
- Pain hasn’t gone away after two to three weeks
- Pain is causing you stress, anxiety, or depression
- Pain prevents you from relaxing or sleeping.
- Pain stops you from exercising or participating in your normal activities
- Pain hasn’t improved with any of the treatments you’ve tried